If you wish to complain about disability services that you are receiving, please contact the appropriate complaints line listed below:
- Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS) – 1800 880 052 (free call from land lines) Contact the CRRS with complaints about the compliance of DES providers, Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) and Advocacy Services with the National Standards for Disability Services;
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline (the Hotline) – 1800 880 052 (free call from land lines) Contact the Hotline to report cases of physical, sexual, psychological, legal and civil abuse, restraint and restrictive practices, or financial abuse.
- Department of Social Services (DSS) Complaints – 1800 634 035 Contact DSS with complaints that cannot be investigated by the NCSL or CRRS, as well as complaints about either of those services or JobAccess.
- National Customer Service Line (NCSL) – 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines) Contact the NCSL with complaints about Disability Employment Services (DES) providers, or to request a transfer to another provider.
Complaints Resolution and Referral Service
The Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS) is a free service for people with disability who are users of Disability Employment Services (DES), Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) and/or Advocacy Services. The CRRS is an independent service to help you resolve complaints about your service.
The purpose of the CRRS is to offer an independent, fair and impartial, complaints resolution and referral service. The CRRS role is to listen to your concerns and help you with a resolution outcome. Your complaint will be handled in a professional and understanding manner.
To make a complaint call 1800 880 052 or submit your complaint via the Online Complaints Form.
More information about the CRRS can be found under Your rights and responsibilities on the Access for People with Disability page.
Vision Statement: Complaints Resolution and Referral Service Vision Statement
National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline (the Hotline) is for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability.
In case of life threatening situations call 000 for attendance by Ambulance, Fire or Police services. If you think a crime has been or is being committed, contact your local police.
The Hotline works with callers to find appropriate ways of dealing with these reports.
Cases of abuse and neglect can include physical, sexual, psychological, legal and civil abuse, restraint and restrictive practices, or financial abuse. It can also include the withholding of care and support which exposes an individual to harm.
Anyone can call the Hotline to report cases of abuse or neglect or to find out more about the service.
To make a report call 1800 880 052 and speak with an experienced Hotline staff member or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision Statement: National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
The Department of Social Services Complaints Line
JobAccess is a Government funded service managed by the Department of Social Services (DSS). DSS encourages all clients to provide feedback on their experiences with DSS or a DSS funded service provider. The complaints management process ensures that any concerns you have with the services or decisions of DSS or a DSS-funded service provider are taken seriously and dealt with promptly. Your concerns can help us to improve our processes.
DSS recommends that you try to resolve a matter with the relevant organisation or service provider before contacting the DSS complaints line.
If you are unable to reach a resolution with the relevant organisation or service provider, or you are not satisfied with the process or result, then you can contact the DSS Complaints line.
Further detail about the DSS complaints process is available on the Department of Social Services website.
General complaints are dealt with under the DSS Complaints Management process. You can contact the DSS Complaints line via:
- Telephone: 1800 634 035
- Fax: (02) 6133 8442
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: DSS Feedback, GPO Box 9820, Canberra ACT, 2601
- Online Complaints Form
National Customer Service Line
If you have a concern about your employment services Provider, you should raise it with your provider in the first instance. If you feel like you are unable to talk with your service provider, you can contact the Employment Services National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help to make a complaint or report
- If you have a have a hearing and/or speech impairment, you can contact the National Relay Service (NRS) by calling 1800 555 677 then asking for the number listed above for the relevant complaint service
- If you need an interpreter, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) by calling 13 14 50. TIS National will put you through to any of DSS’ listed phone numbers.
- The CRRS and the Hotline are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDST), excluding Australian national public holidays.