What is JobAccess?
JobAccess is the national hub for workplace and employment information for people with disability, employers and service providers.
Created by the Australian Government, it brings together the information and resources that can ‘drive disability employment’. Along with this website, there is:
- a telephone advice line (1800 464 800)
- the Employment Assistance Fund (EAF) for workplace modifications and support
- An employer engagement service - the National Disability Recruitment Coordinator (NDRC)
- Complaints Resolution and Referral Service
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
The benefits of disability employment
One in five Australians now lives with disability. However a lack of awareness, exposure and understanding can cause people with disability to be overlooked for employment opportunities.
Like all employees, people with disability bring a range of skills, abilities and qualifications to the workplace and work in a wide range of jobs. Australian and international studies have also proven people with disability to be reliable and productive employees, with lower recruitment, insurance cover and compensation costs and higher retention rates.