Peak bodies and other disability associations
A range of peak bodies and associations exist to support disability organisations and individuals around Australia. If you have a particular area of interest or are seeking information to support disability employment in your workplace, you can contact any of the groups below.
A4 – Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia
A4 is the national grassroots organisation delivering systemic advocacy for autistic people and their close associates who live in close proximity to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Australian Federation of Disability Organisations
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations is the peak organisation in the disability sector representing people with lived experience of disability.
- Phone: 1800 219 969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.afdo.org.au
- Postal Address: Ross House, Level 2, 247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Australian Network on Disability
The Australian Network on Disability is a not-for-profit organisation advancing the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
- Phone: 02 8270 9200
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.and.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box Q203, QVB Post Office, Sydney, New South Wales 1230
Blind Citizens Australia (BCA)
BCA provides information, peer support, individual and systemic advocacy and consultancy services for the blind and vision impaired.
- Phone: 1800 033 660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bca.org.au
- Postal Address: Ross House, Level 3, 247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Brain Injury Australia
Brain Injury Australia provides information and a gateway to nationwide referral for optimising the social and economic participation of all Australians living with brain injury.
- Phone: 1800 272 461
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.braininjuryaustralia.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 220, Marrickville, New South Wales 1475
Children and Young People with Disability Australia
Children and Young People with Disability Australia is the national peak body representing people aged 0 to 25 with disability.
- Phone: 03 9417 1025
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cyda.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 172, Clifton Hill, Victoria 3068
Deaf Australia is the national peak advocacy and information organisation in Australia for Deaf people who are bilingual – using both English and Auslan (Australian Sign Language).
Deafblind Australia educates members of the public and relevant government organisations about deafblindness.
Deafness Forum of Australia
Deafness Forum of Australia is the national peak body representing people who are deaf, deafblind, have a hearing loss or a chronic ear or balance disorder and the families who support them.
- Phone: 02 6262 7808
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.deafnessforum.org.au
- Postal Address: Open Systems House, 218 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon, Australian Capital Territory 2612
Disability Advocacy Network Australia (DANA)
DANA supports and strengthens independent disability advocacy organisations in their work of advocating for and with people with disability.
- Phone: 0439 399 755
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.dana.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 96, Dickson, Australian Capital Territory 2602
Disability Employment Australia
Disability Employment Australia is the peak industry body for Australian Government providers of Disability Employment Services (DES).
- Phone: 03 9012 6000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.disabilityemployment.org.au
- Postal Address: Level 4, 140 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Disabled People's Organisation
DPO Australia promotes and advances the human rights and freedoms of all people with disability in Australia.
- Phone: 1800 422 015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: dpoa.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 666, Strawberry Hills, New South Wales 2012
Down Syndrome Australia
Down Syndrome Australia is the peak body for people with Down syndrome in Australia.
- Phone: 1300 881 935
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.downsyndrome.org.au
- Postal Address: 18/71 Victoria Crescent, Abbotsford, Victoria 3067
First Peoples Disability Network Australia
First Peoples Disability Network Australia advocates for the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability.
- Phone: 02 8399 0882
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fpdn.org.au
- Postal Address: 402/161 Redfern Street, Redfern, New South Wales 2016
Inclusion Australia is the leading national voice on issues of importance to people with intellectual disability in Australia.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.inclusionaustralia.org.au
- Postal Address: Level 2/418a Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010
Jobs Australia is the national peak body for non-profit organisations that assist unemployed people into work.
- Phone: 03 9349 3699
- Website: www.ja.com.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 299, Carlton South, Victoria 3053
Mental Health Australia
Mental Health Australia is the peak non-government organisation representing the Australian mental health sector.
- Phone: 02 6285 3100
- Website: www.mhaustralia.org
- Postal Address: PO Box 174, Deakin West, Australian Capital Territory 2600
National Disability Services
National Disability Services is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations.
- Phone: 02 6283 3200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nds.org.au
- Postal Address: Locked Bag 3002, Deakin West, Australian Capital Territory 2600
National Employment Services Association
The National Employment Services Association is Australia's peak body for employment services.
- Phone: 03 9624 2300
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.nesa.com.au
- Postal Address: Level 8, 20-22 Albert Road, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205
National Ethnic Disability Alliance
National Ethnic Disability Alliance is the national peak body for people with disability, their families and carers, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Phone: 02 6262 6867
- Website: www.neda.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 971, Civic Square, Australian Capital Territory 2608
People with Disability Australia
People with Disability Australia is a national disability rights and advocacy organisation.
- Phone: 02 9370 3100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.pwd.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 666, Strawberry Hills, New South Wales 2012
Physical Disability Australia (PDA)
PDA is a national peak Disability Peoples Organisation (DPO) run by people with physical disability for people with physical disability.
- Phone: 1800 732 674
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pda.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 345, Toowong, Queensland 4066
Women with Disabilities Australia
Women with Disabilities Australia is the peak organisation for women with all types of disabilities in Australia.
- Phone: 0438 535 123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.wwda.org.au
- Postal Address: PO Box 407, Lenah Valley, Tasmania 7008