Driving Disability Employment Seminar –a special event to disable the barriers9 May 2018
Invitation: Driving Disability Employment Seminar – a special event to disable the barriers
On Monday 11 June, the Department of Premier and Cabinet and Public Service Commission are co-hosting a free seminar for employers in collaboration with JobAccess.
Join Madonna King – award-winning journalist, author and commentator, as master of ceremonies for this special event to learn more about the benefits of an inclusive workplace including:
- Keynote speakers – Dr Dinesh Palipana, Resident Medical Officer, Emergency Medicine, Gold Coast Hospital and Associate Lecturer, Griffith University and Daniel Valiente-Riedl, General Manager, JobAccess
- Panel discussion sharing real life experiences of living and working with disability
- Launch of the Queensland Government’s Empowered and confident: disabling the barriers implementation plan which aims to disable the barriers for staff and future employees with a disability.
- 1 William Street Brisbane QLD
- 8.45am to 9.00am (registration)
- 9.00am to 11.00 (event including networking and morning tea)
Register online here. You will be asked to provide your access requirements during the registration process. Auslan interpreters, electronic copies of presentations, accessible parking or other services or adjustments are available on request. RSVP by Monday 4 June – places are strictly limited so register now to avoid missing out!
For more information on the seminar, please contact us at JobAccess@workfocus.com or call Gail Fernandes on 03 8102 8727.