Key Messages for DES Providers
- Consider small to medium-sized businesses for your candidates.
- JobAccess now has a toolkit to help promote the benefits of employing people with disability to small to medium-sized businesses.
- At the moment, our local businesses are missing out on a big part of the talent pool.
- Small and medium-sized businesses find it difficult to seek reliable employees.
- They are often locally-based and easier for clients to access.
- They may not currently have the information about the support and incentives available to employ people with disability.
- This is an opportunity to expand your clients’ employment options.
- By placing more people with disability in small and medium-sized businesses, you’ll change local business hiring practices for the better.
- You’ll help local businesses to be more inclusive and diverse.
- This will lead to an increase in skills and employment opportunities for people with disability.