What is AccessAbility Day?
AccessAbility Day is for you. The goal is for you to have a fun, learning experience, to find out about a business, the role or type of work that your AccessAbility Day host employer does, broaden your professional network and establish new contacts in the workplace.
AccessAbility Day is a one-day opportunity for you to experience a workplace role and to explore career paths and employment options. It is not a job interview, work trial or work experience, and the hosting employer is under no obligation to offer employment.
AccessAbility Day is an opportunity for you to:
- gain insight into a particular role or industry
- develop confidence in the workplace
- network and meet new people
- learn about work requirements and employer expectations
- identify and explore employment opportunities
- find out more about the businesses in your community.
To participate in AccessAbility Day, you must have a current registration with a DES provider and be actively looking for work.
To register for AccessAbility Day, contact your DES provider and let them know you would like to participate. Your DES provider will talk to employers in your community to arrange an AccessAbility Day placement for you.
Find out more about Disability Employment Services